Opportunity for a long term contract position for a Planner in Instrument Maintenance area in a local Bay Area refinery (Rodeo, CA).
Scopes, plans, estimates, sequences, and arranges for materials and services for all approved notifications, projects and turnarounds in a manner that assures safety, efficiency, environmental compliance and cost effectiveness while meeting the operating plan. Assures all maintenance work complies with applicable safety, engineering specifications and standards, laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Actively participates in the safety process and plans work orders with safety in mind.
• Prepares accurate labor and material estimates.
• Works closely with supervision, other craft planners, engineering, and Operations to fully understand the scope, priority, and scheduling for maintenance work notifications.
• Assures that all plans are in compliance with applicable governmental regulations, company policies and procedures, safety regulations, metallurgical requirements, and environmental regulations.
• Reviews all approved notifications for duplicity, priority, and quality. Provides feedback to originators for improvement opportunities.
• Monitors and manages the instrument craft notification and work order backlog • Develops job plans and ensures materials, resources, information and tools on hand to achieve high levels of craft productivity.
• Works with Scheduler and craft Supervisors to redistribute manpower as needed for emergency work.
• Initiates SAP requisitions for required materials, tools, and contractor services. •
Initiates requests for budgetary quotes for materials and services.
• Participates in building and maintaining preventative maintenance plans for instrumentation equipment.
• Develops ad hoc schedules as necessary for tracking time sensitive maintenance repairs.
• Coordinates and organizes outside contractor service reports, such as the instrument air drier log book.
• Identifies issues and implements an improved reliability program that will reduce downtime and maintenance costs.
• Spends time in field every day planning work scope and learning layout of the refinery.
• Manages instrument shop spare parts inventory. Ensures parts are necessary and well organized
• 3 or more years of Refining, Petrochemical, or heavy industrial experience.
• Excellent computer skills required (i.e. Excel, Word, CMMS)
• Proficient in planning and executing maintenance, preventative maintenance and project work. • Self-motivated, proactive, creative and results oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to interact with all levels of people in the refinery.
• Must be willing and able, with or without accommodation, to perform/comply with the following:
• Work overtime (including weekends, holidays, and possibly rotating shifts).
• Respond to emergency callouts during off hours, weekends, and holidays due to business necessity.
• Climb up to elevated heights.
• Wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toed shoes, ear/eye protection).
• Maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly. • Work outside in inclement weather conditions.
• 5 years of instrumentation related craft experience
• 1 or more years of Maintenance Planning experience
• SAP experience in a maintenance planning capacity
Must have or be able to get a TWIC card and to pass background and drug test.