Roberts Companies is constantly looking for experienced Service Technicians with fire detection/fire suppression systems background in the Bay area.
This is a direct hire position with a family owned company that has been in business for over 30 years. The right candidate must live in the area.
No relocation will be paid. This is a great opportunity for long term employment.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
The Service Technician's primary responsibility is to provide customers with knowledgeable, responsive, professional, and courteous service. The Technician will perform service inspections and trouble-shoot fire detection and fire suppression systems as required. .
Qualifications: AA in Electronics or equivalent work experience. At least two years current experience with commercial fire detection/fire suppression systems required. EST or Fenwal experience is a plus. Do not apply without this qualification.
• Should be a self-starter and team player with a good attitude.
• Should be able to read and understand blue prints/system drawings.
• Should have good troubleshooting skills and have ability to identify code and nonconformance issues.
• Should be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision.
• Should be able to make decisions under pressure and work within time deadlines.
• Should maintain Company and Service Department standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Needs have a neat and professional appearance.
• Must write legibly.
• Must communicate well with others and have good common sense. Responsibilities
• Come in to the main office weekly or as needed to receive paperwork, schedule, and parts.
• Be at the job site on time when scheduled and be flexible - schedule changes regularly.
• Maintain proper inventory in truck.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment is in proper working order. Returns equipment in need of repair and calibration to the office in a timely manner.
• Perform inspections on various detection and suppression systems.
• Trouble shoot detection and suppression systems as needed in order to ensure they are operable.
• See the job through until the end to ensure the system is operable and customer satisfaction.
• Work independently or with others as a team to complete all tasks.
• Fill out daily accurate and detailed paperwork regarding all work performed.
• Participates in On Call Assignments.