Project Manager for refinery construction (civil) projects with a general contractor based in Richmond; projects around the Bay Area
PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
• In collaboration with the Team Leader, develops a job-specific buyout strategy. Executes buyout strategy through analysis of subcontractor bids to ensure coverage and compliance with project requirements.
• Assumes responsibility for developing project budgets, cost control and tracking of project costs, including developing accurate and actionable monthly project profit projections.
• Proactively Manages Claims and Change Orders. Takes appropriate actions to deal with project impacts, incorporates the results into updating project budgets and timelines, and notifies the owner in accordance with RFP requirements.
• Assumes responsibility for the master scheduling process including upfront collaboration with all stakeholders (Superintendent, Subcontractors, etc.) and integrating manloading schedules, milestone schedules, and contract schedules.
• Leads communication with stakeholders on issues and makes recommendations for resolution or process improvement opportunities.
• Subcontractor Management including implementing subcontract agreements with knowledge of scope and agreed to terms.
• Manages contacts with subcontractors, vendors, and design partners in an effort to establish and build strategic relationships that may produce possible partnerships or business opportunities for the future of the company.
• Manages document control systems by ensuring required documentation is gathered, processed, and submitted throughout the preconstruction, construction, and close-out phases (e.g., change orders, RFIs, ASIs, submittals, drawing logs, warranties and certificates, LEED documentation, as-builts, etc.)
• Conducts daily (or as required) on-site observations of work during construction to monitor compliance with safety, quality control, sustainability measures as well as overall project status.
• Works collaboratively with the Project Accountant, oversees the cash flow of assigned project, including owner pay applications and payment status, subcontractor/consultant invoicing and payments.
• Coordinates with stakeholders in development of a strategic plan for BIM/VDC requirements, as applicable.
• Material purchasing.
• Attend and participate in General Project Manager Meetings monthly, or as scheduled.
• Participate in bi-weekly Project Report Meetings, prepared to discuss key project indicators, challenges, opportunities and forward-looking project strategies.
• Leads in developing and supporting the implementation jobsite security, quality control, and safety programs for each project with the support of the Superintendent and the Safety and QC departments.
• Using lean strategies, evaluates construction means and methods for cost effectiveness.
• Under the guidance of the Project Management Team Leader, participates in the creation and maintenance of a positive team spirit among the members of the Project Management Team.
• Performs project duties with an appropriate sense of urgency and a “Can-Do attitude.”
• Provide guidance to the projects of other teams as needed and as assigned.
PROJECT ACQUISITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Manager is expected to perform the following additional duties when assigned:
• Preconstruction Management
• Business development and strategic partnering with key client accounts
•Attend corporate events, tradeshows and conferences
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment •
• Negotiation skills
• Decision Making and Problem Solving
• Works well under pressure
• High level of energy
• Undergraduate degree in Construction Management
• Experience with civil construction projects within a refinery setting
• Able to obtain TWIC card, pass drug test, pass background test
COMPUTER SKILLS Strong skills in the following Software:
• Microsoft Word/Excel/Project
• Project Management Software – Viewpoint preferred
• Primavera Scheduling Software
• Revit or Navisworks
• Client Relationship Management - Cosential preferred.
• The position requires work in an office environment as well as on a jobsite both in the trailer and walking the site. Sitting, walking and extensive and computer work is required. Driving required – must have valid driver’s license for three or more years; proof of automobile liability insurance required when driving personal vehicle.